/bin/csh Permission Error

I searched but didn’t see anyone having a similar error.

Trying to install syncthing on Truenas but it has failed to start. I have tried uninstalling and restarting but none of that works.

I reviewed the logs but nothing written in the log file or the /var/run/syncthing.pid file.

However, when attempting to start or restart the service from the shell I can see that it is saying that:

"su: /bin/csh: Permission denied

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/syncthing: WARNING: failed to start syncthing"

Has anyone any suggestions for me? Thanks.

You don’t seem to be the only one, the obvious Google search shows hits for Syncthing, Plex, other stuff.

Well, I currently live in a country that blocks Google. Thanks for your unhelpful response. I’m a newb at linux/unix so I’m learning. I guess I’ll keep searching about how to fix the permissions issues because what I did so far didn’t work. Obviously, I know it is a permission error. But none of the searches return helpful information as to how to fix it.

Finally got it working by just reinstalling and setting open permission for everyone. Not messing with it since it is working.

I found this [Forum Post ] (https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/installing-and-configuring-the-freenas-syncthing-plugin.25914/) and it was helpful.

Not really directly related to the topic, but can you access other search engines, e.g. those listed at https://privacytools.io/providers/search-engines? I also live in a place, where the government likes to censor stuff, but fortunately using alternative engines and/or Tor Browser makes it possible to browse the Internet normally.

Indeed feel free to substitute any search engine of choice. My point was that this seems to be a not totally uncommon problem for various packages on TrueNAS, so you’re probably better off looking for a TrueNAS solution to a TrueNAS problem rather than something Syncthing specific.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.