Big folder is Out of Sync

(Marco Castignoli) #1

I have configured Syncthing on my computer (Linux Mint 18), my phone (Android 7.1.2), and my raspberry (Raspbian GNU/Linux 8). Unfortunately I have a problem with the raspberry: one folder is “Out of Sync”. How can I fix this problem? (The folder contains 25GB of files so it would be better fix the problem without having to erase and recreate it).

(Simon) #2

You need to determine why it is out of sync by looking at the list of files and their status. There are a myriad of reasons why it can be out of sync: It might be still syncing, it might not be connected to devices anymore, it might not have sufficient permissions, …

(Marco Castignoli) #3

Thanks Simon for the reply, I think I can exclude some of the reasons that you mentioned, for example:

1. There are other folders connected between my devices and they’re not out of sync.
  2. It’s not still syncing because the problem started more than a month ago and the other folders are always up to date.
  3. I set all the permission in the folder on the raspberry (and on the other devies) to 777, but after a scan it’s still “Out of sync”. Other ideas? Is there a log file I can share?

(Audrius Butkevicius) #4

Syncthing logs to stdout, check that.

I have setup like this and was having problem with “out of sync” [but it was long time ago]

Check this option out

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.