Authentification

Hello everyone, my problem is solved.

You were absolutely right, there was another instance of syncthing running and I was having trouble getting my hands on it. Since I couldn’t post anymore because I had reached the number of allowed posts and had to wait 19 hours to post a new one, I uninstalled syncthing with a sudo purge syncthing. I restarted my server and I reinstalled syncthing but without putting in automatic start this time and there a miracle took place: My server recovered its old username, and the existing shares were found on their own.

But this morning when I turn my server back on, I fall back on my problem so that allowed me to see more clearly. Firefox is repositioning the tab and wants to launch the 127.0.0.1:8384 syncthing page. Unfortunately I had already switched to root in my terminal. And he gave me my identical problem yesterday: creation of another instance, attribution of another ID.

What I did again was to kill all syncthing processes with the pkill -TERM syncthing command, I exited the superuser instance of the server, I restarted syncthing through my console and everything went wrong is repositioned as if nothing had happened.

I want to say thank you guys, you are great. My problem is solved now and I understand better how syncthing works now

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.