Arm V5

Hi, I’d like to know if the arm version of syncthing should be able to run on an old armv5tejl from a nas. Running fine from my qnap, I revive an older nas to have a try. But at start, I get a

[root@WHITEBOKS syncthing-linux-arm-v0.14.42]# ./syncthing

Illegal instruction

[root@WHITEBOKS syncthing-linux-arm-v0.14.42]#

Not to digg if it’s useless, should it run and do I have a bug or is it to old ? Thanks,

We used to set GOARM=5 which should mean it should run. But apparently current builds are with the default value, ARMv6. I think that’s unintentional.

But I don’t know if that would fix your specific issue, arm versions are a bit magic.

See if this build works any different: https://build.syncthing.net/viewLog.html?buildId=15229&buildTypeId=Syncthing_BuildLinuxCross&tab=artifacts

1 Like

Thank you ! I tried and get the same result :

[root@WHITEBOKS syncthing-linux-arm-v0.14.43-rc.1+8-gdb03562]# ./syncthing

Illegal instruction

[root@WHITEBOKS syncthing-linux-arm-v0.14.43-rc.1+8-gdb03562]# But never mind, I’ll maybe digg later :slight_smile:

I don’t recall exactly but I think Go dropped support for ARMv5 some versions ago.

No it still works, yet your CPU most likely doesn’t have float support in the CPU:

And we don’t compile with soft float support.

Yeah, that could be it. Builds are ARM5 now at least.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.