Any known database corruption issues with 1.11.1

I am curious if there are any known database corruption issues with version 1.11.1? I have several ARM7 (nohf) based routers I run ST on to maintain synchronization on a NAS folder with. I decided to try and share a rather large folder with one that has a deep folder structure and I am now constantly running into database corruption issues on it.

There are, of course, any number of reasons this could be happening, not the least of which could be simply pushing the little device harder than I should. The only easily-available version I can get for the platform is 1.11.1, though, so I thought I’d check to see if there are any known issues with that first before I move on.

Thanks.

Database corruption, as far as we know, only happens because of abrupt power loss, or faulty hardware.

I would add faulty OS to the list too, e.g. various Android custom ROMs with unsafe optimisations (which I experienced myself in [SOLVED] corruption on data-block with checksum mismatch).

I have known problems that affect incomplete synchronization processes that are then stuck. In this respect, the versions after 1.10.0 to 1.12.0 were possibly affected. I bypassed these versions myself and problems in my case were only solved with 1.12.1. Therefore, I strongly recommend updating to the current v1.13.1, this also works fine for me.

Thanks so much for the replies. There are a lot of vectors here, actually. This particular device has an ancient kernel (2.6), a ST version that may be problematic, and the device is underpowered for what I’m asking of it in general. I’ll start with working on an updated version of ST and go from there. It may be just infeasible though.

As it turns out, it looks like it was a bad interaction between the ancient kernel on this device and the hardware cache on the relatively new microSD card used as its OS and swap device. With that corrected, it’s operating like a champ. A real tribute to just how much you can squeeze out of some devices, and also to just how versatile ST is.

Thanks again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.