Android Syncthing tries to watch ignored folder.

I have a syncthing setup where I sync my user folder (/storage/emulated/0). I have (along with a lot of things) on my stignore file the Android directory; which is not synched. On the web gui; I’m getting the following error;

Filesystem Watcher Errors

For the following folders an error occured while stting to watch for changes. It will be retried every minute, so the errors might go away soon. If they persist, try to fix the underlying issue and ask for help if you can’t.

error while traversing /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb: permission denied.

This folder is on stignore; and should not even be attemted to be watched; since no app has permissions there besides their own stuff. Is there a way to fix this without turning off watching for changes? I suspect the try every minute is causing unneccessary battery drain on my phone.

Are you using any ! negated patterns (see https://docs.syncthing.net/users/ignoring.html)? If yes, I think you need to remove them in order for Syncthing to stop trying to watch the folder.

1 Like

I do use negating patterns. Almost all are guarded with a / after the ! front (such as !/Movies/**.{jpg,png,pdf,txt,db,nfo} but there is a line that is (?i)!.nomedia that might cause issues; I’ll report back after thinking about how to achieve this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.