Android Studio emulator problem

I’m having trouble using the Android Studio emulator to debug the Syncthing app. The emulator is stuck running the app for the first time at the “Generating keys…” stage. The logcat shows messages like this:

> 12-25 19:24:10.722    2495-2495/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid.debug I/Choreographer﹕ Skipped 78 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.

Any thoughts? It seems like debugging with the emulator would be so much faster and more informative than the manual transfer and installation cycle I’m using.

Just let it finish, generating the keys probably happens only once (subject the app storage is persistent) and takes a while (especially on an emu), or provide the keys as part of the app data to make it skip the step.

That message is a warning, and says that something is done on the UI thread that should be done in the background (but it may also be due to the emulator’s slowness).

Developing on a real device is much better imo, because it’s faster. Android Studio should install the app to your connected device automatically once you set up adb (and drivers for it).