Android folders not performing bidirectional sync

Syncthing is terrific – but for some reason my Android instance can receive changes to synced directories, but cannot send changes to those same directories.

For example, I have a shared directory “MySync” on a Linux computer, let’s call it “A,” and have set it to share with the Android, which we can call “B.” I also have a third Linux device, called “C.” MySync is shared among the three devices and none of the devices’ directories are set to “Read Only” in Syncthing.

A & C sync bidirectionally (i.e., files added or deleted in either A or C will propagate to the other device).

A & B sync unidirectionally, with A acting as a “send only” device, though it is not set as such in Syncthing (i.e., A can add and delete files, and those changes will be propagated to B. But any changes B makes are not propagated to A).

C & B sync unidirectionally, with A acting as a “send only” device, though it is not set as such in Syncthing (i.e., C can add and delete files, and those changes will be propagated to B. But any changes B makes are not propagated to C).

Any idea what is happening here? I have tried this with several different directories and different devices. The issue appears to be with the Android client.

If you can provide screenshots from Android and either of the linux devices, you can ignore the following questions.
Are all folders marked as up to date on both devices? Anything unusual in the web UI of the Android device? Did you try manually scheduling a scan in the Android web UI?

Thanks for responding. Your questions were on point. The Android Web-GUI had a refresh request that wasn’t being displayed in the app. After accepting that refresh request, the Android is bidirectionally syncing.

Thanks so much!

1 Like