Android 11 doesn't allow users to read files in the synced folders in the hidden app folder anymore

Hi, I have two folders with 3 GB of data synced to my android in /storage/MY-SD-CARD/Android/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/files. I was able to add them to favorites and access the files on these locations yesterday but after update the system to Android 11, the two favorites disappeared from My Files app and I can’t access the files synced to those folders anymore. Now I have selected other folders to sync the files to but there are 3 GB of data taking up the space on the SD card in those 2 folders. I want to delete them to free up the space but the new system doesn’t let me browse to the location of it. They are at /storage/MY-SD-CARD/Android/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/files as I mentioned. Please help me free up the junk folders. Thanks.

Are you sure, its
/storage/MY-SD-CARD/Android/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/files
not
/storage/MY-SD-CARD/Android/data/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/files?
The data folder is protected since Android 11. You can use the media folder instead.

AFAIK, you have to export the config from the App, clear App Data and import it back.

1 Like

Your right, it’s the “data” folder I missed in the path. I’m not really sure on these the stuff though. Well thank you for help. I was putting all my sync folders on that location because Android allow me to read and write in the app folder. My internal storage is full can’t save anything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.