Alternative GUI mod

Hey Simon, thanks for the feedback.

1. It’s a design decision - i think it depends on the user’s taste. First the buttons where black, in the drafts they were always blue. I like the blue version. I created two screenshots of alternative versins. Check them out :wink:
  2. Center issue fixed, rounded buttons are intentionally.
  3. I decided to hide the device buttons - otherwise the whole interface would be cluttered with buttons.
  4. What popups do you mean? The “What is it” tooltips? At my computer (including chrome, firefox and IE) they are centered?

Best, Luke

1. Sure, that’s all up to taste, I just wanted to share my opinion - and I might not have even been clear what I meant: I like the blue button borders and symbols, I just think it is inconsistent to use black text in the table, header and footer (there are blue symbols there too) but in the buttons the text is blue. Also this is complete nitpick mode, so I don’t actually mind either way.

2. 3. 4. All the remaining centering issues plus the described vertical displacement of devices only occur with Firefox, not with Chromium. No clue what the issue might be here.

This gui mod is very nice but with Synctrazor its lacks button “Open folder”. Is there any way to fix this?

No. The “Open Folder” button (and the “Browse” button for selecting a file path when creating a new folder) are done in a very very hacky way, which makes lots of assumptions about the GUI.

If this becomes official, I’ll add support for it in SyncTrayzor.

1 Like

Thank you, Antony, I’ll be wait for this addition.

Great work luke, already looking a lot better!

Yes, it’s especially noticeable on the far left and right ends. It’s just too tight on the edges.

Also I think centering the text in the table header would look better.

Do you have a screenshot of the latest version?

Some good progress is going on, great work @luke!

Hello! Is there any plans to include this mod into official Syncthing distr?

Due to lack of time I’m not continuing this project any more. But maybe somebody else is interested? Would really appreciate it, since I’m still using and loving Syncthing.

Thank you very much for this nice GUI mod.

p.s. Dear Sytncthing developers, please add this mod to Syncthing, and Antony Male ( canton7) will add support of it in Synctrayzor.