Adding / Removing OS flags on successfully synced files

Hi,

Very satisfied user of syncthing here. I am syncing over 7 million between two sites and it just works. But i have couple of questions:

Is there a way to modify “Archived” OS Flag on file (archive checkbox on file properties) or any other fs flag when file is successfully synced ?

No, os specific attributes other than readonlyness are not synced, same way acls, resource streams and xattrs are not sycned.

Hi,

Thanks for explanation, but my question was targeted a little differently… So to rephrase is there a way when each or any file is successfully synced to run custom script or some program function to mark file as archived…

You can use the event rest api in a script to achieve that, see item started/finished events here: https://docs.syncthing.net/dev/events.html#event-types
You might also be able to “abuse” the external versioner for this purpose (no guarantees), if you don’t already use versioning.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.