Adding exclusions won't apply quickly. Require restart

Hi, I don’t know this is intended behaviour : I’m synching a ~small~ part of a huge remote dir with:

!2015/201505 A
2015/*
!2015

then while syncthing I add another so that:

!2015/201505 A
2015/*
!2015
!2014/201406 B
2014/*
!2014

I save the change both on stignore then folder dialog but after waiting enough time (folder set at random and several files from 2015 were synch’d) 2014 won’t start. Thinking I forgot to save my changes a look at stignore dialog doesn’t show them. Retype and carefully save again => same issue. Then I check the .stignore file and my changes are there OK. I was not prompted to restart ST. I clicked “Rescan all”, still no 2014 sync. Restarting started 2014 folder sync.

I wander if 2014 would have started when 2015 was finished ?

Probably. Internally what happens is that it realizes it needs to sync stuff, builds a queue, and starts working on that queue. While it’s working off that queue it’s not looking for more changes or differences in ignore patterns etc. Once it’s done it’ll take another look, see new patterns, and process accordingly.

Thanks Jakob, I think I’ll soon have an opportunity to check this : I’ll leave the 1st bunch to finish and see what happens.

Bye and thanks for your job and gentle support