I’ve set up Syncthing on a Raspberry Pi 3 to function as a Dropbox alternative. It used the internal SD card on a ExFat partition, so no external disc. The first sync with about 10gb and aprox. 10.000 files took 12 hours over WLAN. I am not sure about the expected performane, but this seems quite bad.
I’ve made sure that they are connected directly (not via a relay) and that the SD card has decent I/O performance. When looking
top Syncthing has high CPU usage, then drops down, the exfat.mount uses a bit and then repeat.
I’ve tried to search around but I really have no idea how to diagnose the problem.
The Pi isn’t used for anything else.