1.4.0 rc1/2/3 waiting to scan

On the recent releases, the GUI now has waiting to scan. What the criteria behind to when it decides to scan or not? All these are receive only, rescan once a day (86400 minutes)

On a St restart some random folders start scanning, most do not. I can’t seem to run a scan on any job or ‘rescan all’. St has been running for 3hours and most have not started…

I have read #5914 which talks about concurrency, but is that limitation hard coded? I would like some flexibility on the number of jobs running. In the example above, all the jobs are spread over 3 drives but only 4 running, with the rest not started, eg…

Just went though the jobs, this one hasn’t scanned for 2 days

This: https://docs.syncthing.net/advanced/option-max-concurrency.html

Thanks. I did look for information before posting and thought it was related to MaxConcurrentScans which there were no config options.

Syncthing Configuration — Syncthing v1 documentation should probably be updated to contain the new concurrency option, ideally with a deprecation notice for the old one. If you’d like to give us a hand with that that would be very much appreciated :wink:

1 Like

Also, I wrote that in response to your question as I realized I hadn’t written anything yet, so no wonder you didn’t find it earlier :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.