000xx.log file in index-v0.11.0.db is written very frequently

Hi

I have ST v0.12.20, FreeBSD (64 bit) setup on my NAS running Nas4Free 10.2.0.2 at home that I want to use for syncing photos with my Android phone.

The syncing works fine but my problem is that Syncthing frequently writes to the 000xxx.log file in the index-v0.11.0.db folder preventing my disks to spin down. Normally my disks are in sleep mode 90%+ of the day, and most importantly they are not spinning during the night and that is how I would like to have it.

I have only one shared folder and I have tried with a rescan interval of 120s and 0s on the NAS with no difference. But if I turn off ST on my Android phone then the writes to the file stops.

So is there a way to reduce the writes to the file? Besides turning off the android client… I do have a RAM-drive that I could probably symlink the entire folder to, but it is only a few hundred megabytes that maybe is not enough.

That is the database which among other things tracks the last seen time per peer device.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.