Web-UI Change Request: Double Columns for Folders (and Nodes)

I’ve accrued a few folders and nodes over the past very happy year with Syncthing.

My enthusiasm means my web UI page now looks like a little cluttered:

Currently, I zoom down to 67% / 50% in order to view it all at once, but I’ve lots of unused space on either side. The screenshot is 50%.

Is there a chance another theme can be made with double-columns for Sync folders, and also nodes if it’s needed?

Sure, you can make a theme yourself, and if it’s good, we’ll merge it.

1 Like

Sure, if I was any good at those changes - you’d be considering approving it already :wink:

There was a proposal for collapsible groups of folders a while back - would that be a better solution?

2 Likes

Both would be great!

I flip from a roving smallish laptop screen to a nice wider screen at home, so I’d love to be able to view all of it when the screen allows.

Collapsing while a wider screen’s available wouldn’t be my preference.

We have folder labels now and could let the theme group based on dotted or slashed or whatever names, if we wanted to.

3 Likes

@iceberg, if you need something quick and dirty, you can use the following Tampermonkey script on Chrome, or something similar on other browsers. Be aware that there are no guarantees that it will work in the future :slight_smile:

// ==UserScript==
// @name         New Userscript
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// @match        http://127.0.0.1:8080/*
// @grant        GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    GM_addStyle("#content { width:1500px; }");
    GM_addStyle("#content > div > div:nth-child(1) { width:70%; }");
    GM_addStyle("#content > div > div:nth-child(2) { width:30%; }");
    GM_addStyle("#folders .panel { width: 50%; float:left; margin-top: 0px; }");
})();

2 Likes

Glorious!!!

Thanks a million :slight_smile:

edit: with Firefox & Greasemonkey

You might also like my tweak to reduce the size of UI elements:

1 Like

That’s really handy, my preferred choice now :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like