I run version v1.0.1, Linux (64 bit) on a vm and v1.0.0, Linux(64 bit) on another vm . All windows machins run v1.0.1, Windows (64 bit). While the v1.0.0, Linux (64 bit) I can generate api-key, user and password settings and switiching the address to 0.0.0.0:8384 and save it. With version v1.0.1, Linux (64 bit) it is not possible to change the settings and save them. I tried online as well I tried to change the config.xml The rights and all the rest are identical as the configuration as the v1.0.0, Linux (64 bit). I even reinstalled it again without any success. Logs doesn’t give any clues. Has somebody ran into the same problem or can confirm this ? Help needed !
There’s tens of thousands of users at least on 1.0.1, and not a storm of similar complaints, so it’s probably not a general problem.
What happened when you tried? Syncthing shouldn’t be able to prevent you.
Funnily, I just ran into something similar earlier today.
I decided I no longer want my home server’s UI to be accessible from network, since I’m the only one who needs it anyway and I usually need this from outside my home, with ssh port-forwarding and so on. So I tried changing server’s settings back to defaults (127.0.0.1:8384, empty user, empty password) from webUI. It failed. No error messages or anything, but the settings stayed the same.
Unfortunately, I was too lazy to investigate, and instead just ssh’d into the server, stopped the daemon, vim’ed the config file and brought the daemon back up.
Needless to say, my server is 1.0.1 linux-amd64.
I ssh’d my vm vi’d the config.xml and changed the gui address to 0.0.0.0:8384 and restarted my vm. No effect.
Other way : I generate api-key online, changed the gui-address like above changed user and password saved everything. Restart the vm and ssh’d the vm again. The changes are not written in the config.xml file.
Modifying config.xml while syncthing is running means your changes are likely to be overwritten by the syncthing process.