v12 does not discover discover computer behind a firewall

That won’t do much. You need to figure out why syncthing can’t access such basic things as github first, as thats your problem, it’s not a problem in syncthing, so no log flag in the world will help.

Perhaps his network requires the use of a proxy to connect to the internet? Maybe he could check his browser settings?

My work computer, the problem computer, does indeed use a proxy settings. It is a desktop and thus I have no need to change the browser setting. So if v0.11 worked v0.12 should have worked but I will check it. Is there any special settings for syncthing?

If v0.12 can’t make outward connections, v0.11 won’t have been able to either. We’re not talking about differences in protocol here: if Syncthing can’t make an outbound TCP connection to another machine, it won’t work, no matter what version of anything it’s using. Are you sure your university hasn’t changed their network/proxy setup recently?

What sort of proxy do you use? Syncthing has support for SOCKS5 proxies.

Maybe the proxy environment variable is set by the system but it is set in some wrong way so syncthing does not understand it? v0.11 ignored it so that could explain why that worked.

No, if we can’t understand it, its not used. Don’t forget that it’s a generic socks proxy, not an HTTP proxy.

This whole argument about v0.11 connecting and v0.12 not would only make sense if UDP discovery was not blocked, and suddenly generic HTTP traffic is blocked.

I think you can configure the HTTP proxy by using HTTP_PROXY env var.

It is of course possible that the university changed something at the exact time syncthing went from V11 to V12 but highly unlikely. The university could make changes to the system without informing the users - that is the nature of the universities.

I’ve explain the possible reasons why it could have happened between v0.11 and v0.12, and how to remedy it. Please try that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.