V1.23.3-rc.1 and Received Encrypted

@imsodin Just sent you that the output by gmail.

1 Like

@rustycanb May I share information (no IPs, no full device IDs) from your emails? That stuff is not sensitive and unless itā€™s obvious what happens and how to fix it (havenā€™t yet had a chance to look) I will need to run theories by other people - and actual log/file-info examples make that a lot easier than trying to describe the situation abstractly.

@imsodin Sure, no problem. Thanks again for persisting to try and resolve this issue.

BTW, I tried a simple connection between two laptops, A and B, one receive encrypted folder on B with a few files. Touching a file on A caused the Unexpected Items to appear on B only after a rescan. Both laptops on rc.1. Downgrade to 1.23.2 on B and the issue is not reproducible.

What OS and filesystem do you have on both sides? In principle that shouldnā€™t matter - I am grasping at straws given you can even reproduce in a test setup and I canā€™t, which makes no sense to me.

Both laptops are on Xubuntu 22.10 with the OS and data on separate partitions, all are XFS. SSD in one, M.2 in the other. Syncthing db and config are on data partition symlinked from ~/home.

Both Pis have Debian Bulleye ext4 OS partitions with data of separate XFS partitions. High quality newish SD cards in both.

1 Like

@rustycanb In case you havenā€™t seen the other topic: Luckily I found the reason why I couldnā€™t reproduce thanks to help from @er-pa, and a fix is pending. Well most likely a fix, itā€™s never 100% certain that it is the same thing you see.

3 Likes

@imsodin @er-pa Great work! Thanks for tracking this down. Iā€™ll wait for the new RC and test again to confirm with four devices upgraded.

2 Likes

With rc.2 installed, all devices are working as expected. Thanks again @imsodin

Great work on this superb software.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.