v0.14.24 "Up to Date" then Pause Folder changes to "Out of Sync"

Ola!

I just found out about this yesterday, is this a normal behavior? this made me wonder whether i’m really “Up to Date” or not,

I’m syncing between a Synology NAS and a Windows Pc both are on v0.14.24

I got “Out of Sync” after I Paused/Un-pause the Folder and then Rescan the Folder. I’m expecting syncthing to be not “Out of Sync” because I made sure the status is “Up to Date” before I did the Pause/Un-pause Folder.

Here is how I got the “Out of Sync” on the Windows pc

1. On the Windows Pc, I sync the Folder to Device - Synology NAS until both are “Up to Date”.Both Synology NAS and Windows Pc shows “Up to Date” in Folder and Device

2. I pause the Folder in Windows Pc.

3. I then un-paused it and clicked “Rescan All”

4. The Folder will get Rescan, during the Rescan, an “Out of Sync” is shown, which shows several files. (How could that be?:confused: I have both Devices “Up to Date”??:confused:)

5. I waited for the Device Windows Pc to sync “Up to Date”.

6. After that, I re-did step 2-3, and get the same result of step 4

7. So again I waited for the Device to sync “Up to Date”

I repeated it at least 2 times.

Here is how I got the “Out of Sync” on the Synology NAS

1. After what happened on the Windows Pc, I tried it on the Synology NAS.

2. I pause the Folder in Synology NAS

3. I then un-paused it and clicked “Rescan All”

4. The Folder get Rescan, during the Rescan, an “Out of Sync” is shown, which shows several files.

5. I just waited for it to sync

The good news is both of the Devices synced properly after some time.

Why is this happening? and how to prevent this?

TIA!

Paused folders cannot be scanned hence not sure what you are talking about

:grin: That is true, what I meant to say when I Pause is

“I clicked the pause and then I then Undo the paused, after that I click Rescan All”

I’m not sure I still follow, you should describe step by step what you are doing, whats the result, and what result you expect

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.