Usage Reports to email or file

Hi there!

I have been using Syncthing/Synctrayzor for a little over a year now, and my experience has been phenomenal.

My setup includes 5 computers connecting to one machine, and everything being dumped onto data drives I’ve provisioned there. I setup and configure everything exactly the way I want it, then leave it.

I would log in once a week to make sure that the systems are still running smoothly, and every once in a while I’d have to restart the syncthing service on one of the machines.

This is normally not an issue for me, however it’s happened twice now where I lost a day or two worth of data, with no backup.

So I thought, maybe a watchdog would work - something from the “server” panel that I can be assured that certain machines are working. But that’s already kind of in place. No need to re-invent the wheel for this.

Next I thought, why not have a usage report of my own. If I could make use of the graphs provided on the “statistics” tab, but for my own private network, I’d be able to see if something is/was offline, and it would be easier for me to deliberate system availability. If this report could be sent to me per email, I could keep track of it, and save the statistics for audits.

I would be able to use this feature, I hope you can too.

Why, what’s happened? What state is it in?

You could probably script something to check the state of things though. If you have a central point or device you trust, check /rest/system/connections to verify the other devices are connected and /rest/db/completion?device=ABCDE…&folder=default to see the completion status for a connected device.

The actual usage reporting data, if you want that, is in /rest/svc/report.