Too Many Open Files on Syncthing 1.5

days went by… many things seem to be back to NORMAL…

the only thing that is strange

both sides say, they are up to date…

but my DS918plus side says this:

and my RASPI side shows this:

what should i do?

The remote need/out-of-sync handling changed significantly in v1.6.0 - please update to the RC for further debugging.

thx for your quick reply

should i backUp something before upgrading ??

Everything, always :wink:

Jokes aside: Apart from regular backups of your data that you should do anyway, yes please do create a copy of the index-v0.14.0.db directory just in case you need to downgrade (don’t expect that to be necessary, but better to be safe).

:smiley: thats what i meant :wink:

chears

don’t know to upgrade on my synology right now :frowning:

no button visible, commandline also not working, i am too much noob :frowning:

and my RASPI: :frowning:

2020-05-19 12_16_35-Fernseher Home Klein - TeamViewer - Free license (non-commercial use only)

restarted my RASPI syncthing

why does it very often says… “crash” when i softly restartet, or shut down and start again no hardware crash or whatsoever…

You likely installed through apt.syncthing.net on the raspi: you need to change your sources file to track the candidate channel to update to the latest RC using apt.

In Synology it’s either also some package manager (no clue there) or auto-updating by Syncthing, then you need to go to the settings in the web UI and choose auto updates to release candidates.

Maybe an unclean shutdown, maybe a bug (that might already be fixed/mitigated in v1.6.0). Anyway as written before I am not interested in investigating v1.5.0 sequence problems at this point, have enough to do otherwise.

THANX !

the only option i see is “Upgrade To Pre Releases” that i can tick. do you mean this?

and i see the option “Upgrade To Pre Releases” that i will switch to 1 hour now, hope to get then new version then the next hour :wink:

did this now on my raspi: https://apt.syncthing.net/

# Add the release PGP keys:
curl -s https://syncthing.net/release-key.txt | sudo apt-key add -

# Add the "candidate" channel to your APT sources:
echo "deb https://apt.syncthing.net/ syncthing candidate" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/syncthing.list

# Update and install syncthing:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install syncthing

on my Synology, no prograss

Raspi update is working :wink: Synology DS, no clue :frowning:

okay, ich am back, also the Synology Diskstation has got the 1.6rc4 now, a friend and good linux pro helped me to replace the executable with the newest version.

now i am sorry, errors continue…

for example:

and this is how it looks at the RASPI side:

i can post logs, more screenshots, or give you access… thank you very much you could also tell me your paypal, i will send some money :-*

Wow, that global state looks seriously broken o.O

First lets get the hopefully easy out of the way: If you click on the out of sync items in the remote devices section, does it show you no (or less) items than is indicated? If yes you are likely affected by https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/issues/6668 and there’s no further debugging required - just wait for the fix to get merged and rc.5 released.

As to the wildly incorrect global state:
Is there anything of note in the log (alternative just make the entire log available)? Did you do changes to that setup recently? If yes, can you describe what you remember about the steps taken (order is very relevant too).

As to money: Feel free to donate something to the project: https://syncthing.net/donations/

@higherbeats can you please check if the global state bug also happens in another browser?

@uok in firefox AND chrome, its the same :frowning: but its now a few more files :wink: LOL image

@imsodin
log files:log RASPI Side.txt (6.9 KB) log Synology Side.txt (13.7 KB)

And the number of out of sync items are: 1,067,440 items, ~0 B

The funny thing is, the files in the first shared folder INSTALL where never at this location, it must be messed up, before my database migration or so, to syncthing 1.5…

can’t i just rebuild the database at each end, new from scratch ?

Donation: :wink: image

2 Likes

i did not change any setup recently…

then i will “just wait for the fix to get merged and rc.5 released” :wink:

big Upz!

Unfortunately my earlier statement doesn’t apply, given your out of sync list does show files/isn’t empty. Did the upgrade to rc.5 still resolve your problems? If not, please enable model debug logging and pause and unpause the folder with the broken global state.

Something that sticks out is that all of these files contain an exclamation mark - though that shouldn’t matter for Syncthing.

i will upgrade to rc.5 then i will get back 2 you :wink:

debug loggin model is enabled now :wink:

my ignore patterns look like this:

// .stglobalignore

// Incomplete Downloads
// At least for now, these prevent Syncthing from transferring data that's
// going to be thrown out anyway once the download is finished and the
// file is renamed. Things may change when Syncthing gets smarter.
//
// Firefox downloads and other things
*.part
// Chrom(ium|e) downloads
*.crdownload

// Temporary / Backup Files
*~
.*.swp

// OS-generated files (OS X)
.DS_Store
.Spotlight-V100
.Trashes