The syncthing must design an new folder model to fit use!

hi: After several days test , i think the syncthing must design an new folder model to fit use ! now the syncthing only supply RW folder model ,this can use ,other folder model isn’t useful , i want to control the file that in the syncthing’s network ,some device’s folder can RW ,other folder only readonly , but can receive the RW device’s change ,the readonly’s folder couldn’t change other device’s files, but i didn’t found which folder model can do this job ! Please the syncthing’s developer test it ! so , i think the syncthing must design an new folder model to fit use !in that case , the syncthing maybe can replace the BTSync !!

There is no read only folder mode and there have been a lot of discussions why. The Syncthing team are not willing to implement a mode that will automatically overwrite local changes and risk data loss.

If you are able to implement something that differentiated levels of trust without that risk, I am sure they would consider merging it.

I would love to see levels of trust such as, can write, can read, can introduce, can dismiss for know/trusted as well as can read and can write for public or unknown nodes.

FYI: #62 is the feature request for this. Almost it’s second birthday!

1 Like