Syncthing Windows Setup v1.20.1

Yes, first back up and delete the configuration directory, then run an uninstall and delete the install and configuration directories if they exist. Then run the installer again with the /log= option so it writes out the log file. We can see if there are any issues in the log.

Done…

SyncthingInstall_2022-06-29.txt (12.3 KB)

After this installation the user SyncthingServiceAcct was included in the installation folder C:\Program Files\Syncthing:thinking: :crazy_face: … maybe since was the same computer.

Your issue seems unrelated to the installer, because the log file you posted contains no errors, warnings, or failures. I have tried and can’t reproduce it. Without more information about what specifically is not working, not sure what else I can say.

Everything worked even after the first installation, except for the deposit of the user. For this test I used the ASUS computer mentioned above, where the same thing happened during the first “green” installation as in the case before.

All the more astonishing is the result of the second installation. I followed all your steps before performing this second installation. The result was that after the second installation the user was also created in the installation directory. Perhaps there were still remnants in the registry that supported this.

Well then, we tested it, your great software works in either way maybe only I have this issue with the user.

However, I suggest you to investigate the matter with the virus scanner. Because during the whole steps I had to switch off the virus scanner, because permanently error messages occurred. Someone who does not disable the scanner may not install your software and may also misjudge or misclassify it. That would be a pity

Is maybe a update in work?

Hi Bill, doe you want to close your EXE project?