Syncthing lost one file out of a dozen on one node

Hello! I’m using Syncthing last year to realize my idea with a folder shared selectively among many nodes (about 10) but today I faced a problem - I can not find at least one file in a folder. Sync state is idle. I know that this file exist on another node. So, why it missed here?

For debugging I use raw rest request by curl (the file attached below). So I could see the the file properties as follow: “deleted”: true, “ignored”: false and “invalid”: true. But I do not removed it from my node. Also I do not have conflicts in the folder.

What else can I do to understand what is wrong with my node or syncthing?

Syncthing version 1.15. Thank you a lot in advance!

syncdebug.txt (1.1 KB)

Thanks a lot for this report - got all the required info!

This is a regression introduced in v1.15.0 - I files a bug report: Files ignored on one remote do not get synced · Issue #7608 · syncthing/syncthing · GitHub
A fix is coming soon too. For now the only workaround is to either “bump” the file (update the mod. time e.g. by calling touch on it) or removing and readding the folder where the file is missing.

Sidenote: You don’t need to redact short device IDs (first block of the full, hyphenated ID) - they don’t contain anything sensitive. In fact, please don’t: Having those is required to understand the situation.

1 Like

Dear Simon, thank you a lot for so fast reaction! I will look forward to the next update in which this bug will be fixed and I hope the situation will be resolved without losing files on the first node. Hopefully, I started to do backups recently :).

Special thanks for explanation about short device IDs!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.