Syncthing deleting files if device removed

I have encountered a serious problem: On my Linux device the HDD was disconnected. On this HDD all my synchronized files are stored. On a connected device alle Files have been moved to the stversions folder. This appears in the log of satelite device:

[6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine\PPW\DATA”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine\PPW”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine\PPW\DATA”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine\PPW”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine\PPW\DATA”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine\PPW”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine”): delete: [6TQJ3] 22:45:57 INFO: Puller (folder “Save”, dir “Sicherung\Schweine\PPW\DATA”): delete:

(If a dev needs the full log I can send you the file, just ask)

Version ist 11.6.

How can this happen? There are no empty folders on the linux device there are no folder. The HDD is mounted on /mnt/HDD1

The folder which are synced have the following path: /mnt/HDD1/sync/shared (this path is configured for sync not the parent folder)

I have no folders in /mnt/HDD1/ everything is empty.

Which version? It should detect that the folder is missing and not propagate the deletes. Do you have a reproducinle case?

i shut down ST on my linux system (because I am not at home → can’t reconnect the HDD) but yes if I reactivate it I guess it will happen again.

Can you give me the exact steps of reproduction, because I explicitly wrote code to prevent this, hence I need the exact steps of reproduction in order to fix this. Also, ideally something that does not involve fiddling with hardware (replacing that with folder removal or something like that).

Wht do you mean by exact steps? HDD was disconnected and the descriped mount path /mnt/HDD1/sync/shared was removed. I just have /mnt/HDD1/ at the moment.

The system is still in this state. If you want to have a look on this system just tell me :slight_smile:

So /mnt/HDD1 is the mount point, and only one of many folder was removed which was in /mnt/HDD1/sync/shared because syncthing’s folder root is at /mnt/HDD1/sync/ ?

No. The root folder is /mnt/HDD1/sync/shared Everything in this folder was removed

i also had this case earlier (before 11.6) in the same constellation and syncthing recognized it correctly and dieplayed something like “folder not found”.

What’s the folder and file count in that directory? I am trying to understand where this might have happened.

Globaler Status 8512 Einträge, ~9.26 GiB Lokaler Status 8512 Einträge, ~9.26 GiB Ignoriermuster Ja Dateiversionierung Einfache Dateiversionierung

7437 Files 1218 Folders

Interesting. Looks like I missed something, or you managed to trick my checks somehow.

I am at home now :slight_smile: if you want you can take a look just contact me.

Anythin new about that issue? I dont want to reconnect my Pi because this HDD disconnect can appear very likely and I don’t want to risk the file moving again.

But that’s the only possible thing I could find.

Ok I am waiting for the next version :neutral_face: