Syncthing completely resets on reboot

I posted this issue on the Syncthing GitHub repository, and @calmh directed me to post it here on the forums:

I have two Pop!_OS 20.10 (Ubuntu derivative) computers running Syncthing v1.14.0, and they’re running into the exact same problem: Syncthing completely resets on reboot. Not just all my folders, (the files are still there) but it asks me if I want to send usage reports again, which makes me feel like everything was reset.

I have them added as startup applications running with the command /usr/bin/syncthing -no-browser -home="/home/elnu", which is working just fine.

Any idea what is going on? It seems like all of Syncthing’s data is only being stored temporarily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

No concrete idea, though one usual suspect timing of startup in relation to encrypted home directories. However it’s unlikely to be a Syncthing bug per se, and we do support and general discussion on the forum, so I’ll point there for followups. :slight_smile:

Encrypted home directories aren’t the issue, as I never enabled such an option, unless Pop!_OS does that by default (which I doubt).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Could you post the content of /etc/fstab ?

The problem seems to have disappeared on both computers, although I’m still not sure why it happened in the first place, nor why it disappeared. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Could you post the content of /etc/fstab ?

Sure thing! Here:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>  <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
PARTUUID=7465dee1-f501-4bc1-92e5-1e3e14846b99  /boot/efi  vfat  umask=0077  0  0
UUID=b132d7b7-0a21-4e0a-81a1-e0afde6a7e98  /  ext4  noatime,errors=remount-ro  0  0

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.