syncthing can't synchronize "User and Groups"

Goodaftertoon. I have two centos servers which are using syncthing. One is A,the other one is B. I created a file which is named bao.txt. Bao.txt is 【777 www:www】. but,when the file is synchronized to B,It becomes 【777 root:root】. In one word,the “User and Groups” is not be synchronized. what can I do to make the “User and Groups” is synchronized at the same time. Forgive my poor English. Thanks.

Syncthing doesn’t sync user and group and you can’t do anything about it. New files will always get the user and group which is running Syncthing. See the docs: https://docs.syncthing.net/users/faq.html?highlight=owner#what-things-are-synced

If you want to sync you www root, you should run Syncthing as www user.

what can I run syncthing on centos6.5 by using www:www? I have used [root:root] to sun syncthing on two centos6.5. One is A,the other one is B. I created a file which is named bao.txt. Bao.txt on A is 【777 www:www】. but,when the file is synchronized to B,It becomes 【777 root:root】. I want to make centosB’s file become 【777 www:www】,I have to run syncthing by 【www:www】. How can I run syncthing by 【www:www】.

Like you would run any other program as another user. The details are system specific and I don’t know centos so I’ll leave you to google it, but “su” and “sudo” are good search terms.

Note that you might need to reconfigure syncthing with the home directory used by www, and possibly point to that home directory if su or sudo doesn’t set it. Sorry for being vague.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.