Syncthing cannot sync files that are being used.

As title described, i’m trying to read logs with a program in windows 10 (chia plot status) outputted by an ubuntu 18.04 PC into $RANDOM.txt files with a program to monitor a chia plotting activity

I made a shared folder to be able to monitor the Ubuntu logs from windows

The syncthing log on windows:

[CATRP] 14:19:07 INFO: "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef): Failed to sync 6 items
[CATRP] 14:19:07 INFO: Folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef) isn't making sync progress - retrying in 1m0s.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Puller (folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef), item "21123.txt"): syncing: removing item to be replaced: trashcan versioner: archive: remove \\?\J:\Users\Mathias\Chia_Logs\21123.txt: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Puller (folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef), item "26642.txt"): syncing: opening temp file: open \\?\J:\Users\Mathias\Chia_Logs\~syncthing~26642.txt.tmp: The file exists.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Puller (folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef), item "2428.txt"): syncing: removing item to be replaced: trashcan versioner: archive: remove \\?\J:\Users\Mathias\Chia_Logs\2428.txt: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Puller (folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef), item "6016.txt"): syncing: removing item to be replaced: trashcan versioner: archive: remove \\?\J:\Users\Mathias\Chia_Logs\6016.txt: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Puller (folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef), item "16154.txt"): syncing: removing item to be replaced: trashcan versioner: archive: remove \\?\J:\Users\Mathias\Chia_Logs\16154.txt: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Puller (folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef), item "23949.txt"): syncing: removing item to be replaced: trashcan versioner: archive: remove \\?\J:\Users\Mathias\Chia_Logs\23949.txt: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Puller (folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef), item "25122.txt"): syncing: removing item to be replaced: trashcan versioner: archive: remove \\?\J:\Users\Mathias\Chia_Logs\25122.txt: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef): Failed to sync 7 items
[CATRP] 14:19:17 INFO: Folder "Chia_Logs" (cohv6-rcnef) isn't making sync progress - retrying in 1m0s.

I tried a couple a couple things like versioning but syncthing stops syncing files when accessed by chia plots status, i’m not sure what do. Thanks

It should resolve itself if you close the files. The problem is that your application opens the logs with exclusive access.

If it’s some text editor that might be expected, you might want to try BareTail or something like that.

Yeah the files do sync again if i close the app, i might report this as an issue to chia plot status. I’ll mention this exclusive access problem. The thing is usually chia plot status can read plot files that are being outputted on windows by a powershell for example and no issues arise, the log keeps being updated by powershell and chia plot status can read them fine. But the log files coming from syncthing cause this. Thank you

In case anyone is interested, the chia plot status dev fixed this issue :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.