syncthing 1.26 problem with login

Android will likely profit quite a bit from it, as clearing cookies manually isn’t that easy there as it turned out. I’ll get an RC out soon too.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I had this problem too in the past few days on a Windows computer and I managed to solve it as described below.

I want to point out that it worked for me, but I don’t take any responsibility.

Yesterday, resigned to rebuilding over thirty synchronizations, I uninstalled Syncthing from the Synology Nas, which is the main node, the last version (1.26 ?) to have this problem WITHOUT deleting the Syncthing data.

I reinstalled Syncthing which required a new login and password. Aware that starting from scratch one password is as good as any other, I still used my usual log-in and the last password I used to access Syncthing.

I found ALL the synchronizations I created.

Your Synology issue was always something else though, given the error message.

Thanks Calmh for the clarification and forgive my ignorance.

People who have posted here have complained of not being able to log in due to incorrect login details. Exactly like me.

I wanted - quietly - to point out the path I followed, that is, to make a modest contribution with an appropriate disclaimer. Also because I am convinced that the problem did not depend on forgetting the password, which is impossible.

Given that my login details are correct, what could have caused this?

Greetings.

Nobody else has reported an issue like yours; the issue everyone else has been seeing is either:

• Logging in with correct, known, credentials but the GUI just reloads back to the login screen. That’s a cookie problem, fixed in 1.27.0-rc.1. This is the one that shouldn’t happen any more.
  • Being surprised by the login screen that didn’t use to be there (Android). I don’t know what progress/solution is being applied there.

Your error indicated that the GUI couldn’t talk to Syncthing to attempt a login. Not that the credentials were wrong: that the communication to the backend didn’t work. As mentioned in the other thread.

I’m just trying to keep things straight and non-confusing; not every problem related to logins is the same.

1 Like

I have Syncthing running on many machines, of varying OS. I experience this consistently with 1.26 installed on Ubuntu, but not Windows or RHEL. When accessing the web GUI from Windows, I get the looping behavior in Vivaldi but not Firefox. Though to clarify, for me the loop is that it infinitely reloads the GUI page after successfully logging in.

^

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.