Syncing since .49 says out of sync - its not


(Audrius Butkevicius) #21

If the filenames are not sensitive you could provide copies of the db from both sides to inspect.


(James) #22

How would you like them? Pastebin?


(Audrius Butkevicius) #23

@imsodin?


(Simon) #24

Whatever works for you, if I can download some kind of container with the db somewhere that’s fine with me.


(James) #25

Due to some maybe sensitive names and info, is there a way to get it to you without my posting the public link?


(Simon) #26

Would it be fine with you if you contacted me on freisim93@gmail.com and I then send you a link to a private dir in my university file sharing space? Or you can upload it to a private file hosting of your choice and send a link to that email address. And I assume that you are fine with me further sharing it with @AudriusButkevicius and @calmh.


(James) #27

You bet, you can share to whom you need, just don’t want it public. :slight_smile:

One final question - how do you want me to do this? You want log dumps? You want log files?

From startup, sync, to finish idle? Hows the best way I can get you the cleanest, most complete logs to look at?


(Audrius Butkevicius) #28

We are not after the logs, but the database itself. If you run syncthing -paths, it prints the database directory. You could zip that up from both sides and upload somewhere for us to access.


(James) #29

Any luck?


(Audrius Butkevicius) #30

Try the latest rc, there was a bug fixed related to this.


(James) #31

is .50 due out today? I was told it was. Ill hold tight if thats the case.


(Audrius Butkevicius) #32

It was fixed yesterday, we rolled yet another rc given this was annoying enough, so the release is yet again pushed back, I suspect by a week.


(James) #33

Do both sides need RC3? I did one side, no changes, still wildly out of sync. Do I need to do something else?

Thanks again,


(Audrius Butkevicius) #34

Yes, potentially, yet if you have a lot of out of sync items it’s probably something else.


(James) #35

Based on this post: The 0.14.50 release will be delayed a little further

Should I do reset deltas and be good with rc3?


(Audrius Butkevicius) #36

You don’t need to reset deltas if you switched to running the RC. As I said, I suspect your issue might be something else.