Hello there I have encountered an issue and wanted to post about the situation here. The problem has already been fixed I just wanted to make light of it so if it can be replicated be addressed. I thought it was a bug so I posted it on the github and I was told to post it here instead because people are nicer and my issue was closed.
I am using Syncthing v1.20.4 Win7 SP1 & Syncthing Android version 1.20.3 Samsung A535G Brave Browser 1.40.113
I deleted a file in my syncthing folder on my pc when this happened it kept saying my pc was disconnected on my android and my pc kept saying the phone was disconnected. I restarted on both sides multiple times and the folders would not sync up-to-date. I even removed them then re-added them & still nothing was happening. I attempted this multiple times then even killed the process on my desktop then restarted it & still nothing was happening. An hour later all of a sudden it just worked it said the devices were connected & it just synced the folders automatically. I have it on watch for change for both folders so this shouldn’t have happened unless I am mistaken.
My second issue once it started working was I deleted a bunch of files on my desktop side and the sync worked correctly on my phone deleting these files. Then afterwards I deleted one video and my phone instead synced to the desktop and made my desktop redownload the video I had deleted on my desktop.
What you expected to happen instead?
- When I delete a file in the syncthing folder it should not hiccup and say devices are disconnected on both sides then take multiple restarts, deleting the folders & re-adding them to fix the issue.
- When it does work I expect if I delete a file on one side it should delete it on the other. Not work one time then the next re-download the files I deleted on the desktop side from the phone.
Any steps to reproduce the problem?
- My syncthing folder is located in my documents folder
- I have 5 folders inside the syncthing folder
- In Folder Number 5 I deleted a .zip and a .rar file (This is when the devices got disconnected and would not sync)
- I removed the folders, deleted the .srt then re-added them
- I restarted syncthing on pc and android
- After nothing happened I repeated steps 4 & 5!
- After nothing happened again I removed the devices from each other then re-added them
- After nothing happened I repeated steps 4 & 5 again!
- After an hour of waiting all of a sudden everything reconnected (please note folders were always set to watch for change this option was never unchecked)
- I deleted a bunch of images & audio files in folder Number 5 in my syncthing folder on my pc (worked perfectly fine with deleting them on my phone)
- I deleted one .avi video in folder Number 5 in my syncthing folder on my pc (my android phone did not delete the file & my desktop re-downloaded the video I had just deleted out of it)
This however I would like to find out why the deletion worked right the first time then second went wrong. It hasn’t happened again yet but i’m just making it aware that it happened.