Synching unchanged documents

It seems it’s just in progressing. You should check for failed items on both sides.

I cannot see any failing items on both sides. The problem is why this computer is syncing folder Sync (Default folder). The files to that folder were added only from that computer, this folder on other side was empty and never changed…

Well they are clearly different given transfers are happening.

Is it possible that there is an error in syncthing? :slight_smile: I can assure that nothing is changed from the user point of view, i.e., no editing, even no viewing but the list of files, i.e., the ls command in linux, and explorer. The system is xubuntu. I am not sure if the OS can modify something, or “modify” in terms of syncthing.

I do not doubt you, but image indexers such as picasa, some file explorers et al do things like update image metadata, adjust image rotations without you asking for it in the background and so on. I suspect if you check md5 hashes of the files you will see they are actually different.

Thank you very much. It seems that it indeed my error :frowning: When I started to look for md5 hashes (by the way where they are?) I found that some files are not available and probably I added a folder to Sync in computer 2 as well. However, I have forgotten it. Now I cannot be so sure that nothing is changed :slight_smile: Sorry for that…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.