sync path in iCloud folder

Any ideas or experiences who have used iCloud and syncthing together? I am having some issues.

For some iOS devices a separate sync folder was necessary, therefore I conjectured that a sync folder within iCloud storage hierarchy would have worked. However, it did not.

No files get synced into the dir if I add an existing folder pushed by another node in the synching network.

The path on the macOs machine: ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/com\~apple\~CloudDocs/Sync although the folder is green and is up to date.

Does AAPL block the sync? If any diagnostic info is needed just let me know.

Thanks!

Why do you have both forward and reverse slashes?

I think it’s just escaping the space in the folder name “Mobile Documents”.

Edit. Don’t mind me, I see now that there is a second backward slash near the end of the path. No ideas.

I am pretty sure this is pointing to a different folder than you expecting because of the broken path.

I removed the escape before the space and it now works. I don’t know why the tildes were escaped at the time of writing. Those were not meant to be there.

My Mac had two paths

~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs

which is bogus as well as the correct one

~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs

Just FYI, the bogus path translates to this escaped path, and it turns out that a Sync folder was created there:

~/Library/Mobile\\\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Sync

But I am happy now as the iOS devices can access the sync thing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.