I would like to build the following system:
one server running 24/7 with cli only (no web and no GUI: cli only!)
- cron-job is backuping the synced data all 24 h on
- Must accept any shares by known device automaticly:
Many clients on android, windows, linux, …
- Have only some selected shares:
- Existing: Device can ignore the new shares
- All clients including the server sync all the shared data
- I need to add any new device to all existing devices?
- There is no group so adding on a single point is possible?
- Any new share must add to any device?
- Is it possible to autoaccept any shares (required for the server)?
- Would it possible to sync the settings of syncthing by itself: new devices need only a single share to restores all others as the setting get synced (other devices and shares)?
What do you think: Is syncthing working for my use case?
- Easy Backup (on the server)
- Easy Sync of many devices and shares (>10 devices)
- Easy to add new devices (only adding at one device in the circle)
I’m looking forward to get your opinions
Draft sync config:
- Link one existing device with a new device (existing device adds new device id in the config) (on new one disable upload?)
- Share “config-share” with the new device
- New one should get all shares and device ids
Linux-Path: /home//.config/syncthing/ accept only “config.xml”
Hm, “path=” and “device id=” can be a problem.