Strange device ID behaviour

I am glad to hear that the reason for this behavior has been clarified, because today I just found out that it doesn’t just affect the rpm package in the OpenSuse Network repository, but possibly other OpenSuse community repositories.

I am running OpenSuse 13.2. I installed Syncthing (0.4.16.89 from the “network” repository) a couple of days ago and was also hit by this NIE6M bug. Today, after reading this thread, I uninstalled it and switched to the 0.4.16.90 rpm from the “ccgx” repository mentioned above, just to be greeted by the same NIE6M popup after a few minutes. So, it seems to affect other OpenSuse rpm packages.

I am now using the binary downloaded directly from github, and that gets rid of the dreadful NIE6M “ghost” device. I still have problems to make Syncthing work (no matter what I do, my android device “sees” my Linux PC but the syncing gets stuck at 0% with no progress whatsoever, despite the directory being properly shared between devices, not in the SD card of the Android device…). Anyway, this looks like a problem for a different thread.

What patch is this? I’m very curious.

Edit: found it, they messed up the SHA256 hashing package when trying to make it build with Go 1.4. So a natural explanation, if somewhat misguided.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.