Small bug when changing folder name to lowercase

Hi,

I noticed a small bug (I think) that lead to an Out of sync situation.

Computer A and B are both on Win7 64-bit, ST v1.3.0, Windows (64 bit). Here is how to reproduce:

1. First share a folder between two computers:

• Computer A: D:\Share\ : Send and receive
    • Computer B: D:\Share\ : Send and receive
  2. Put a subfolder TEST containing a few files in Computer A’s D:\Share. Wait for synchronization and for an Up to date state on both computers.

3. Shutdown ST on Computer B.

4. On computer A, rename TEST to Test, and add a few files inside this folder or rename those which were already present.

5. Start ST on Compuer B

6. This might generate an “Out of sync” state.

Do you have any idea about this?

This is known, there is an issue open in github for this years ago about case only renames.

Oh ok, thank you for your answer. Is this only present on Windows 7 or Linux too?

Is there a well-known workaround?

Congrats again for this wonderful software I use all the time!

This is only an issue on case insensitive filesystems, which is Windows and OS X.

I’ve got around this issue by going up to W10 and installing the Linux feature then powershelling the receiving folder to be case sensitive*. Since doing this I get almost no St issues.

*Go into synced folder then (Get-ChildItem -Recurse -Directory).FullName | ForEach-Object {fsutil.exe file setCaseSensitiveInfo $_ enable}

1 Like

Would this work under Windows 7 too? What kind of scripting language is this?

No, it’s a new feature in Windows 10. Powershell has been around for several years.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.