Slow LAN performance transferring a single 300GB file

Well syncthing is not able to utilize multiple interfaces. What about CPU usage on the other side.

Sending side does not use any cpu while sending and I am not seeing much read rate at all

The receiving side is using 2 cores at %100 (but that device holds over 10 shares)

And I am not seeing much read write on the receiving side according to iotop. The file looks frozen at 144mb, it has been there for over 10 mins

Also no errors are reported in the Gui on both sides but the file is frozen pretty much not moving.

It pre-allocates the whole file on startup, so the size shouldn’t change. I guess check the logs on both sides, and provide screenshots from both sides.

Ok this is really curious.

After seeing the file sitting there for like half an hour, I decide to turn the master on the sending side (which I was lucky for because this machine was the one producing this folder most of the time). After that change the file in question was sent fine to the other side. Now why is that? It somehow felt like both sides were frozen and was not able to do much of a progress until I turn the send only.

I am in a hurry and I need to get the file to the otherside so I do not have much time to debug the issue atm, however I hope that my current solution might give you some insight into what the issue might have been.

One more curious situation with another Win10 x64.

The same exact file is stuck on this pc (after it was synced to the Linux pc fine, which was stuck before as well).

Syncthing is showing something like 320mb/s total I/O (in Process hacker and the device has a 512gb ssd) which is insane, and it is using cpu of %25 constantly and the file is stuck at 33.3MB out of 241MB.

I also wonder if Syncthing will shorten the life of my SSD drive.

update: After minutes of constant cpu it moved 3 mb further.