Set default "Allowed Networks" for all pairs, and future pairs

I want to set !10.9.0.0/24,0.0.0.0/0 in Advanced > Devices > [each device] > Allow Networks for all pairs of devices, and have this be the default as I add new devices going forward. Is there a way to do this, perhaps in config.xml?

(That is, the underlying reasoning for this is that 10.9.0.1, 10.9.0.2, … are addresses on my OpenVPN network, but I would prefer to send data over other networks to limit bandwidth costs there. Also, if my addresses start with 10.9.0.1, should I be using 10.9.0.1/24 instead?)

Just to confirm, is your Syncthing version up-to-date? You can set those as default in “Advanced → Defaults → Default Device”.

Thanks, that sounds like exactly what I want. I’m on 1.22.2 Fermium Flea on all my devices. Can you confirm that my string is the right one for the use case I describe–the ! negation applies to the 10.9.0.0/24 and not to the 0.0.0.0/0?

Honestly, I don’t know. I’ve never used this particular option. However, judging by what’s written at https://docs.syncthing.net/advanced/device-allowednetworks.html, can you even use negation here?

Right, I think it is parsed, but isn’t documented. I saw it elsewhere in the forums:

1 Like

Apologies for replying a little late. It does look like an undocumented feature, but if @calmh himself mentioned it (and pushed the related code), I’d assume it should work exactly as in the given examples :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

One Internet cookie, exchangeable for 10 Internet points, to whoever documents this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.