server selected unsupported protocol version 303

Suggestion: If syncthing encounters and error precipitated by an update, put a notification banner across the top of the syncthing web-ui that summarizes the issue and links to a page that explains options in more detail. A less-technical user would have a hard time figuring out what’s wrong and something like this would be very useful. Even for technical users, this would be very nice.

1 Like

You can still trade security for compatibility with an opt-in configuration switch.

Any update on this? I noticed that my co-workers were not able to connect to my repo, because I had updated all my repos to 1.18.

Now I’m forced to downgrade and loose my syncthing database in order to re-connect to their network.

1 Like

What update are you waiting for?

The setting was already mentioned and can be set in the web UI on Android.

1 Like

The setting was already mentioned and can be set in the web UI on Android.

Where is it?

Edit:

This one I assume.

yes, that.

1 Like

Totally asinine move on syncthing’s part. Not even a message when starting syncthing. There could be a compatibility check upon running syncthing that would give users a fscking clue. Maybe you are too busy worried about politics such as “rasicm”. You sure got that posted on the front page which is exactly where the version(s) total incompatibility should be posted.

I’ll use something else.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.