Rogue introducing

Rusty, Audrius, Jakob, First I want to thank you for so much help and responsiveness!

We have successfully used this software for several years and contributed nothing, so I would like to “pay back” with anything I can do to improve the product. I will try any suggestions you have at this point. I think our system is interesting and possibly a good “test network” if there is something you would like to observe.

It is my opinion that the connection requests are now permanently in the config files. I will have the best result if I go to all 120 devices and edit their config files. (This is a difficult task as they are located in 120 different cities across the USA. We have occasional remote access.)

At this point, I am interested in any ideas you have for the “cause”. Since I do not want to fix all the config files and then have it “replicate” the problem again.

Thank you!!!

I mean there could be a ton of reasons here, from missconfigured peers, to an outright unlucky networking setup where two devices are behind the same NAT and one of them has port forwarding setup (others just announcing that they have port forwarding setup which sadly points to the original device), and others.

That’s the cost of trying hard to connect at whatever the cost, which partially involves a bit of guessing/brute force when trying to discover a device.

I can’t really say much else here, as all in all I am just going by what I am hearing. Jakob via his company Kastelo provides commercial support in case you want to pursue this further.

Audrius, Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.