Revert Local Changes on Receive Only Folder

Hi All, I am running SyncThing v1.3.2, Linux (32 bit) on my PC and Android on my phone.

First, some unnecessary background information. I accidentally factory reset my phone recently (don’t ask) and after restoring it I decided I needed an automated backup option to keep my phone backed up every night when I plug it in. After installing SyncThing (which btw, so far is an amazing app!) on my Pixel 2 and configuring a Send Only folder, I setup my Linux box with a Receive Only folder. I was satisfied that everything was working and syncing automatically. After a week or so I noticed that the data had not been updated on my PC and found the option to start SyncThing on my phone as a service so I did not need to remember to start the app every time I restart my phone.

Anyways, back to the problem at hand. After syncing the phone to the PC again, I noticed the “revert Local Changes” button. I suppose that means that there is extra files in the backup folder, but when I click the revert button it does not revert the local changes.

What do I need to do to actually revert the backup to what is currently on the phone? And how do I prevent this from happening again?

That button should do it, unless there are permission issues etc. I suggest you check the logs.

Thanks for the tip. I found the log file, every time I click the revert changes button this line appears in the log:

2019-12-23 10:41:27 Revert: directory is not empty; files within are probably ignored on connected devices only

I am not sure exactly what this means. I do not have any ignore patterns on either sender/receiver.

Also syncthing is running on the receiver as a service with the same user name that owns the directory structure.

Thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.