- I installed Syncthing v0.11 on my windows desktop
- installed in a windows VM
- created a shared folder on desktop (as master folder), call it “testfiles”
- got it all connected
- added a file
- it synced the file, no problems there.
I want to, using the REST API, know if all files inside the “testfiles” folder have been synced to the VM instance or if there are files outstanding (so I can create some sort of alert/email if it hasn’t been synced for x days).
I tried the following:
- I shutdown the VM instance
- copied new files into “testfiles”
- waited for the descktop instance of “testfiles” to pickup the new files
- immediately the status changed to “Up to date” in green?
- Remember the VM is disconnected, and says so in desktop instance of Syncthing.
I thought maybe the /rest/db/status would be my saviour:
# which part of what we have locally should be fetched from the cluster: "needBytes": 0, "needFiles": 0,
I used Fiddler to call “/rest/db/status?folder=testfiles” but those values were always 0. All the other values looked correct.
How do you query a folder to see what is outstanding? I saw “Out of Synch: 0 Files” see in some screenshots on Github but my Syncthing doesn’t display that.
What am I doing wrong?