QNAP - Need to return to previous version

Since the upgrade to 1.8.0, some of my QNAP clients are not talking to my QNAP server anymore. Before speculating, that maybe is a specific problem that I have with 1.8.0, I would like to revert my QNAP client to 1.71. I have disabled the update function, stopped the service, replace the syncthing file by the 1.71 one and restarted the service.

Still loading 1.8.0.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards,

-Eric

You probably replaced the wrong binary, or the syncthing file is not actually the binary but some script that launches the binary.

Hey Audrius,

I took this one: https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/releases/download/v1.7.1/syncthing-linux-amd64-v1.7.1.tar.gz

Extract the syncthing file (about 25-26mb)

replace the one on my QNAP server on: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SyncThing/

No error, replace is completed.

Do I need to replace some other files elsewhere?

Thanks again!

-Eric

I have no idea, we don’t manage the QNAP packages, you are best asking on their forums.

1 Like

Hi, could that be because of the address dial binding problem described in the other thread? I’m also operating a qnap and tied all services to one interface (but have multiple network uplinks). With one interface, there isn’t any problem.

Hi, can you point me to the thread related ?

Also, I did not have this problem with 1.71. I try to revert back, but cannot find a way to downgrade on my QNAP

@Estarna link to thread

Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.