Problem with symlinks in windows/linux

I am syncing a folder from a windows 7 machine to a Debian machine. I get the following error in the Debian machine:

[UWTDO] 14:05:27 WARNING: Puller: final: creating symlink: symlink /Users/G/Videos /media/somefolder/Video: invalid argument
[UWTDO] 14:05:27 WARNING: Puller: final: creating symlink: symlink /Users/G/Music /media/somefolder/Musica: invalid argument
[UWTDO] 14:05:27 WARNING: Folder "Documents" isn't making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s.

I am running on both machines version v0.11.5. I don’t really understand the error and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help will be apprciated!

Is the filesystem on the Debian side something that doesn’t support symlinks?

It’s a truecrypt volume. But that’s weird, on the windows machine I see no symlinks.

“Videos” and “Music” may be magic Windows things that are exposed as symlinks, and perhaps whatever you are running on top of truecrypt does not support symlinks (when accessed from Linux, at least)? You could change the hidden config setting symlinksEnabled in config.xml from the default of “true” to “false” to stop syncthing from attempting to sync them. On either side should be fine.

It is for sure a “magic Windows thing”, that’s what I was thinking. Thanks for the tip, i’ll give it a try and report!

EDIT: Problem solved by disabling symlinks sync. The folder appears out of sync but the reason it’s pretty obvious and it’s okay.

Best!