Possible Duplicate Files

I have to say, I am completely amazed at the power of Syncthing! We are currently synchronizing 3.2 million files between 6 servers. I am only seeing one issue thus far.

Here is my situation: For simplicity, lets just say our system consists of 3 servers (A-B-C) B and C are connected to A but not to each other. The shared folders on all 3 servers are configured for send and receive (Necessary for our implementation) When all servers are on-line, if a file name is changed on any of the three servers, that change is propagated to all of the other servers. (After all, this is what we want) However, if a file name is changed while one of the servers is off-line, I end up having 2 files on all of the servers (One file with the new name and one file with the old name) after turning on the server that was previously off-line. Is there any way to implement a transaction log with a checksum for all servers involved that would make sure that all missed transactions are performed when the off-line server returns to an on-line state?

Thanks so much for an absolutely AMAZING product!

Lee Coleman

Syncthing is not transactional, so there is no transactions per-se. The only reason syncthing would end up reviving the old file is if the file was modified (or even touched) on the offline device while it was offline.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.