Peers who had this file… how to clean it up?

Hello,

My syncthing instances seem to keep trying synching a file that does no longer exist…

[BGZRH] 12:06:31 INFO: Puller (folder "ANTEC-bureau", file "INSECTICIDE.tif"): pull: peers who had this file went away, or the file has changed while syncing. will retry later
[BGZRH] 12:06:31 INFO: Puller: final: peers who had this file went away, or the file has changed while syncing. will retry later
[BGZRH] 12:06:49 INFO: Folder "ANTEC-bureau" isn't making progress. Pausing puller for 1m0s.

I can’t find anywhere INSECTICIDE.tif file, I’ve probably deleted it. So why is syncthing still looking for it ?

(three machines under ubuntu 14.04, ST 0.12.2 + ST-GTK 0.8)

Because the peer that deleted it hasn’t announced it, you need to rescan on that peer.

My silly me. The file is not deleted. It is where expected, on my - messy - dektop.

So why syncthing does not see it ?

Probably the contents are different than expected. A rescan, or in rare cases a re-save of the file and a rescan should sort it out.

Rescan did not help.

But renaming the file and then copying it to its initial name helped…

Rescan is not working. I have been having this issue since the last couple of months on many files. The files are present on the master but the other systems show that the peer has gone away.

Since there are many files with this error, it impossible to locate all and save them again.

You have an override button on the master, just press that.

I too have this issue on a single 12 MB file out of 306 GB, and have pressed the override changes button on the master multiple times, to no avail. Rescans do not help. I suspect a re-save will; I’ll try it.

If its out of sync on master, its likely that someone is modifying the file.

I’m experiencing this issue as well on one of my hosts. Deleting index does nothing. Touching the files from a host that is not experiencing it does nothing. Copying the files from an unaffected host to the affected host does nothing. Going the other way does nothing.

I don’t know what you mean by “master”; none of my folders on any of my hosts is marked as a folder master. So that terminology doesn’t apply here.

Whats the actual error though?

“peers who had this file went away, or the file has changed while syncing.”

Well if you are syncing a database (for example firefox profile) it will struggle to get in sync. What exactly are you syncing?

Well I don’t know about TiZ Trent but in my case, the file was just a .tif (so no firefox database with timestamps problem) ending with that samme error message « Puller: final: peers who had this file went away, or the file has changed while syncing »

In you case touching or renaming the file should fix it.

In my case, it’s just eight plaintext files that hardly ever change. I’ll try renaming.

I think most of these errors are addressed by https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/pull/2113 So we know why it happens (I think), though we haven’t fixed it.

Renaming the folders containing the affected files on one of the unaffected hosts, deleting the original folders on the affected host (both the renamed folders and the original folders were there) and then renaming them back fixed the issue for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.