Panicing on Ubuntu 17.10. Syncthing 0.14.45

Version: syncthing v0.14.45 “Dysprosium Dragonfly” (go1.10 linux-amd64) deb@build.syncthing.net 2018-02-14 10:25:34 UTC [noupgrade]

Running on: Ubuntu 17.10 (GNU/Linux 4.13.0-36-generic x86_64)

I can’t upload log file though, being a new user. Here’s the link to it:

How much memory do you have? Do you have swap configured? How much does Syncthing use - how much data is it managing? What are you doing when it happens?

There is odd stuff in the backtrace also which may actually indicate a bug (copiers and pullers hanging around for an hour… these are transient for just the duration of a sync operation). Unless it appeared stuck syncing a bunch of folders at the time of the crash.

It’s a 1GB Linode configured to have a 512 Swap drive. It was trying to sync about 2.3 GB of data split between 47K files. I also configured Ignored list to filter files that could be easily regenerated. At one point during this operation, my source “master” machine having sync marked as “Send Only” actually showed it is out of sync, requesting to “Override Changes”. So I haven’t clicked that button, it sounded intimidating, so while that was in effect, syncing was under way and then approximately about 99% done that crashing appeared. So I am not sure if these two things are connected or not.

In fact, I edited ignored list while original syncing was still under way, if that helps

It shouldn’t OOM crash under those circumstances. I’ll look closer at the trace tomorrow.

Just one more thing I found out. According to logs, my CPU at that point reached about 80% of usage

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.