Out of sync , when trying to sync deleted files

There is no reference for pulling in there. Can you grep the entire log for pull or just upload the entire log? You don’t need to activate fs, scanner, stat, version, walkfs and watchaggregator when the issue is with getting remote changes. You need to enable just model and maybe db facilities.

The file in question was deleted, so availability isn’t an issue. Not true, see Audrius’ post below.

Actually, even if it’s unlikely to be the case, lets get it out of the way explicitly: You (@janblau) didn’t enable the IgnoreDelete option on the folder, did you? You can check in actions->advanced or directly in the config.xml.

From the local/global state it does not look like it’s a delete, it looks like a pull from some device that is not online.

You are of course right in every way, especially asking for the screenshot and actually looking at it - I just continued to think in the confines of the original premise of a deleted file…

@janblau The deletion of Quiero.mp4 did not propagate to the device you made the screenshot (global state > local state). Also it stands out CNOTE2 is not connected, that could be related. In general you’ll need to check the connection status of the devices sharing the COUNTRY folder and once the relevant devices are connected and the problem persists (I would guess it won’t), which devices have/haven’t Quiero.mp4.

We should probably add files that are needed but unavailable during pulling to the failed items, such that there is an explanation (file unavailable) in the UI.

I think we do, hence why I am a bit puzzled by this.

Ah no

devices := folderFiles.Availability(file.Name)
			for _, dev := range devices {
				if _, ok := f.model.Connection(dev); ok {
					f.queue.Push(file.Name, file.Size, file.ModTime())
					changed++
					return true
				}
			}
			l.Debugln(f, "Needed file is unavailable", file)

Yes exactly, I wondered about this before but never acted on it. As you apparently agree, lets change this:

@AudriusButkevicius, @imsodin Thanks a lot gentlemen for your great and very quick help. I thing i’m getting near the solution.

I have powered on all 5 devices participating to the shared folder called “COUNTRY”. All were OUT OF SYNC, except ONE. On 3 other ones, i have this message (see screen shot)

Did you try rescanning on that device? Worst case, you can try and touch the file on that device. What version of syncthing are you using for the device that is in sync?

OK, i got the solution: On the device on which the folder (COUNTRY) was NOT “OUT OF SYNC”, i removed the file (quiero.mp4) then put it back and ALL WENT WELL on all 5 devices. So thanks again to these active and efficient members of this forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.