Notice: Unexpected folder ...

Running latest version on two linux boxes. I’ve added a folder to both machines, selected it to share with the other on both boxes. I get the message: Unexpected folder ID “foofolder” sent from device “foodevice2”; ensure that the folder exists and that this device is selected under “Share With” in the folder configuration.

And on the other box: Unexpected folder ID “foofolder” sent from device “foodevice1”; ensure that the folder exists and that this device is selected under “Share With” in the folder configuration.

Both are setup to share the folder exactly as they should be. What to check?

Can you provide screenshots of both devices control panel home pages?

16:26:42: Unexpected folder ID “default” sent from device “xxxxx-Mac-Pro-2.local”; ensure that the folder exists and that this device is selected under “Share With” in the folder configuration.

Me too… between two macs, did the same with Android app too. The added device shows as connected and syncing but does not progress past 0%. Shows upload and download rates but nothing syncs. Have not had a successful sync yet. Tried two macs on same network as well as two macs at different locations and Android on wifi on same network. (not trying to hijack thread)

Both screenshots off same computer as the devices are 45 miles apart- second shows the popup error, first is if I refresh the page… sync never gets above 0%.

So “jamcs-mac-pro-2.local” has a share called “default”, which you are missing on the mac mini. Maybe the mac pro doesn’t share the “Sync” folder either, in which case it will never get beyond 0%.

There was no sync if I left both devices folders as ‘default’ or changed them both to ‘Sync’- tried that already. What are you supposed to do- leave them as ‘default’, changed them to the same name ie ‘Sync’ or something else?

(What the heck- 3 post limit?) "I had to delete the shares on both devices and recreate them. That seemed to do the trick. Not sure why, but it’s working now." What he said ^ Same worked for me.

Whichever you prefer, as long as it’s the same on both sides and both devices share the folder with the other.

I had to delete the shares on both devices and recreate them. That seemed to do the trick. Not sure why, but it’s working now.